Saturday, February 26, 2011

My Gymnastics Champion

 When we adopted Scott we were told he would never walk. As soon as we brought him home, we called the local developmental center and had infant services started. I gave him massages several times a day using baby lotion. And I always believed he would walk. I trusted God.

  At 5 months he crawled and life has been on the go ever since. As a toddler he would climb to the top of the tall curly slide and jump off on the side of the steps. He would do a couple somersaults down and land on his feet with his hands in the air. He thought it was great fun. Personally I thought I was going to an early grave. When I discussed this with his pediatrician her response was,'" Get him into gymnastics. He needs to learn how to fall safely. You are never going to get him to stop climbing."

So at the age of three and still wearing diapers he took his first tumbling class. It was followed with ballet. At the age of six he made the Gymnastics team. At the age of seven he won his first State title. His team also took the State Title. I had a hard time holding back the tears when he stepped up on the platform to receive his gold medal. All I could think about is "He was never supposed to walk."

The pictures I used for this layout celebrate his first State Championship. (There were many more to come.) I fell in love with Echo Parks Little Boy Paper Kit the minute I saw it. I knew the colorful stars were perfect for these pictures:)



Supplies: Echo Park Little Boy Paper Kit, Ribbon from my stash, Petaloo Glittered Sheets, Ek Success Foam Tape, Spellbinders Stars, Xyron

Have a Star Filled Day!
Elizabeth

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Maria. I think he is pretty specal too. Today I am going to try and convince him to use that muscle power at Goodwill and see if we can find some more storage units for my new scrapbook room! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave a comment! I appreciate all of my wonderful readers! Elizabeth