Sunday, August 28, 2011

Female Birthday Card

My best friend's birthday is Sept. 11. And she went into premature labor that day resulting in her son being born on the 13th. So needless to say her birthday always has  a "gloom" over it. So I really wanted a card that was pretty and upbeat for her birthday.


I was so excited when I saw the border on Echo Park's Country Drive. Part of the boarder said "Let's get together" and the other "Happy Birthday." This was perfect to use with my best friend, because we have a tradition of taking each other out to dinner or lunch on our birthday's instead of doing presents.

Tip: I use a paintbrush and a light coating of corn starch to take the stickiness off  from the lace where the glue is exposed.

Supplies:
Paper and Cardstock: Echo Park Country Drive, Pink Polka Dot Scrap, Core'dinations
Flowers and leaves: Prima Marketing, stash
Ink: Tim Holtz Victorian Velvet Distress Ink
Ribbon: Offray Classical Lace, Michael's Dashes, Dots & Checks (SKU 387853)
Embellishments: Kaisercraft Pearls
Die: Quick Kutz Scalloped Border
Adhesives: Scotch  Pink ATG, Therm-o-web Sticky Lines, Mini Glue Dots, Scotch Foam Tape

Challenge: PageMaps


Thinking of all of you on the East Coast!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!!
    Wonderful take on the sketch!
    Your flower and lace are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a perfect card for your friend. Whe without a doubt will treasure it. I always wondered how people glues intriquit designs without the glue being sticky. Wonderful tip!

    Sorry about my spelling in my comments, I just can't spell things and my kids aren't here to ask how to spell certain words, lol One of the great benifites of them having private education, tee he he

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave a comment! I appreciate all of my wonderful readers! Elizabeth