Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Present? Christmas Layout

 Lasting Memories"Squeal"  I am soooo excited!!! I won my first Challenge! I made the top 3 at Lasting Memories Challenge! My Farming Friends Layout won! I am so honored! There were many awesome layouts! Also if you are interested in being a DT they are taking applications:) 

As a gymnast Scott has always been able to curl up into the smallest places. He has always loved sleeping in tight places. As a child the standard joke was to check the closets when we couldn't find him. More than likely he took a nap inside one of them. So it came as no surprise when my sister gave him a duffel bag that he decided to curl up in it. He even zipped himself inside. The picture is from when he decided to "pop out" and scare us!



Today I decided to challenge myself to use up some of my scraps. And the first scrap I grabbed was Christmas paper. This layout is made entirely of paper scraps so I am unable to identify the paper sources.

I also challenged myself to try a new technique. I have never misted before or used wood flourishes. I misted the Kaisercraft Wood Flourishes with October Afternoon Red Wagon Mist from the 5 and Dime Collection. I then embossed with Clear Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel. But I purposely stopped heating it before it was completely melted because I wanted to give it a frosted look since this was a Christmas layout. Unfortunately you can not see the crystals in the pictures. Sorry:(

I used Spellbinders Petite Circle Large Dies for the journal tag. I then used Hero Arts Red and Green Gems and alternated them. The Alphabet Stickers were from my stash, but I think they are from Stickapotamus.




Creative Scrappers #169
Lasting Memories Challenge #51: Try try something new and go a little out of your comfort zone. The Embossed Wood Flourish that I embossed but did not completely melt the crystals is my new technique. I have never used wood flourishes or misted before.

Scrapbook & Cards Today is looking for projects that are using old patterned paper. My paper is so old I don't remember where it came from! Even my alphabet stickers are old! LOL

Have a wonderful day filled with memories that make you smile!


7 comments:

  1. Great job on this layout! Congrats on making Top 3 last week, and thanks for joining us again THIS week!

    ~Ashley
    LM DT member

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful layout and funny story! Good thing you found him in the duffle bag... or how would he get out? (He proably could... I just know I couldn't. :-) ) Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories again this week. And you are brave for trying your your melting crystals technique. It's a new one to me. Great job!!
    Michele
    LMDT Member

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Your layout today is great, fun colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your LO! He probably could get out, he got in there himself right! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories. (That's what I call a lasting memory)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love that embossed wood flourish, going to have to try that one! Thanks for joining in the challenge at Lasting Memories! =)Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great LO and looks like he had such fun!! Glad to see you joining us and having a little fun trying new things! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave a comment! I appreciate all of my wonderful readers! Elizabeth