Saturday, June 16, 2012

Father's Day Card

First I want to wish my Dad a Happy Father's Day. It's been more than 30 years since I have spent Father's Day with him, because we live in different states. But he is a one of a kind, kind of person. My Dad is the man that gave me values. When we were little we used to ask him why he didn't run for President of the United States (mind you there is not a political bone in his body, lol). His response was, "I am too honest." And honest he was. He would never lie about our age to get the cheaper admission price. And he was always straight forward with his answers, although Dad never talks much. But when he talks you listen. And it was Dad I went to, when I found out the ex had violated our marriage vows. Although it pained him greatly because he is a man of few words so he asked me why I didn't go to Mom. And it was simple, Dad always listens, doesn't judge and if he gives advice it is always well thought out. I was indeed blessed when he came into my life.

And Dad came into my life as "The Boy Next Door." After my father drowned in a fishing accident, my mother and I moved in with my maternal grandparents when I was 4 weeks old. My future Dad and his family moved into the house next door. He and Mom became friends. By the time I started talking I was calling him, "Dad".  And considering it was the early 60's I am sure it raised some eyebrows. Within a year they had no choice but to get married, because I had already picked him out as my Dad!LOL

So Dad I want to thank you for always being there for me and being such a wonderful example. I hope my boys will develop the same values you have in their adult years. You are the most amazing father:)

The Dress Shirt card I made is based on a card designed by Julie Ebersole.  She used a cardstock "tac" but I changed it to a jewel brad to make it a bit more "dressy".







Supplies:
Paper: Scraps



InLinkz.com


Have a  wonderful day!


 

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave a comment! I appreciate all of my wonderful readers! Elizabeth