Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Friendship Card: The Best Moments

I love the Simon Says Stamp Card Kits. They are perfect for the nights where I take Scott to his classes and I sit in the cafeteria and make cards while I wait for him. I take my basic tool kit which contains a paper trimmer, scissors, heat gun, craft mat, adhesives, pencil, zig black marker, Signo white ball marker, Versamark, white embossing powder, perfect pearls and I am set to go. The card kit includes pictures of 6 cards, plus I make copies of examples I find on Kristina's blog, Simon Says Blog and other blogs I read.

The kits come with a ton of supplies that allow you to make the cards Kristina designed but also allow you to use your creativity. And I have found that many of the supplies blend with previous ones, so I keep the scraps for future cards. Sometimes I scraplift the designs, but other times I just create my own. But the best part are the stamps that Kristina designs. She has an awesome way with words, that I find is lacking in many other stamp companies.

The other great thing is that the kits stretch me as an artist. They sometimes carry paper patterns I wouldn't necessarily buy. The July Kit is a prime example. So I have to work with new patterns or techniques, which is wonderful for me as an artist, but even better for me as the patient. Learning new things develops new neurons and paths in the brain.  And since the Behcets is destroying my brain, anything I can do to combat that is very welcomed:)

Based on a Kirsten Werner Card. Directions can be found at her you tube. 



Supplies:
InLinkz.com
 Wishing you a day filled with friendship moments!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave a comment! I appreciate all of my wonderful readers! Elizabeth