Saturday, May 21, 2011

Happy Birthday to Mom and Me

Be sure to come back tomorrow for the BLAST OFF INTO SUMMER BLOG HOP which will be going live 9 AM EST. And make sure you check out my Blog Candy for the Hop-there is COPIC in the air:)

My Mom and I share something special this weekend. We are both turning pivotal decades. I turned 50 today. My mom turns 70 on May 22nd. While most people worry about their age in my case it is a huge celebration. I have made it an entire decade past my heart attack that I wasn't supposed to survive. And after becoming septic with MRSA this month, I am well aware what a gift it has been to survive. And I am finally finished with my IV antibiotics!!!!! I am thrilled to be celebrating my 50th birthday!


Here's the card I made for Mom's Birthday.  The card is a trifold and openes at the lace.

Front:


Sigh: Sorry about it appearing the lace and pearls are crooked. They really aren't, but  I am having tech issues:(



Inside:

Wishing You Bouquets of Joy. I accented the bouquet with flower soft to give it a 3D look.


Supplies: Crafty Secrets Bouquet of Flowers, Lavendar and Dark Green Cardstock, Flower Soft Spring Mix, Spellbinders Page, Spellbinders Long Rectangle, Lace, Tim Hpltz Accrouments, K and Company Paper (can't find a name on it-sorry)

Be sure to come back tomorrow for the Blast Off to Summer Blog Hop! I have Copic Marker candy:)


3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Elizabeth & to your mom! Luv this card! Beautiful! Luv the color, and luv the inside of the image you stamped & colored! I'm sure your mom will luv your card :-) ps. thanks for "following me" :-) Now, i'm your follower :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very happy birthday to both of you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to both of you!!!
    Your card is awesome!!! I loved the white rose and the lace so much!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave a comment! I appreciate all of my wonderful readers! Elizabeth