Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Baseball Encouragement Card

 My uncle fell out of a tree while hunting and as a result is paralyzed. At the time of the accident we were told his life expectancy was 10 years due to the never ending complications. He has now lived over 13 years, but the never ending pneumonia issues are taking their toll. He has been in the hospital for over 6 months. He's a Detroit Tigers fan, so I thought maybe a card with a baseball theme might be encouraging.

This card keeps giving me a deja vu feeling. So I am wondering that while I just grabbed a bunch of stuff from my stash, if maybe somewhere along the way I have seen a similar card. So if someone recognizes it I would love to give the original artist credit for it, please let me know.  Then again sometimes my Behcets plays with my brain so it may not be a copy, but rather I had pre-designed the card in my head. (Also a real possibility.)



Because the stuff for this came from my stash of leftovers I can't tell you the manufacturer-although I suspect it may be Karen Foster Designs.

I love the sentiment. I am a risk taker especially in the classroom. I learned early on not to focus on the possibility of failure, but rather to focus on the potential for success. As a result kids that others gave up on learned to read, write and do math. They learned skills in dealing with their anger. They learned that somebody believed in them and that anything was possible. How I miss teaching! I loved teaching!

Have a day filled with the courage to take risks, not letting the possibility of a strike out getting in your way!

2 comments:

  1. I am really sorry to hear about your Uncles trials. What a blessing to have such a supporive family.

    Sounds like you were one amazing teacher!

    The card is such a perfect masculine card. I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card, I am sure your Uncle will love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave a comment! I appreciate all of my wonderful readers! Elizabeth