Sunday, July 29, 2012

Lasting Memories-Mining for Silver Gateway Arch

This week at Lasting Memories we are "Mining for Silver." We want to see silver on your layouts this week! Whether it’s embellishments, paper – we want to see lots of silver.

 So I went big, lol. How about the Gateway Arch, the gateway to the west for a lot of silver? The nation’s tallest monument at 630 feet, the Gateway Arch has beckoned visitors for more than 40 years with its iconic, awe-inspiring shape. The vision of renowned architect Eero Saarinen, the Gateway Arch commemorates Thomas Jefferson and St. Louis’ role in the westward expansion of the United States.



Supplies: This was done completely in scraps and in supplies that have been discontinued. I am really challenging myself to get stuff used up, so I have an excuse to buy all of the new CHA stuff coming out! LOL



The optional sketch for this week:
Thank you Little Shop of Sketches
I can't wait to see what you have mined in silver! Be sure to join us at Lasting Memories!!!



6 comments:

  1. Yayyyyy for using up scraps!!! I'm trying to do that as well...I'm actually making a dent in it...WOOT!! Love your layout!! Awesome photos....the only arches I have been to are the ones at McDonalds....lol.....Would love to visit one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! You go girl with using up that stash!! I love the way you think! Love your LO this week!! Great photo's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your take on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a way to showcase SILVER! Love how you thought of that awesome idea! Feels good to get old stuff done huh??

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it... i would love to visit that site! one day for sure :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave a comment! I appreciate all of my wonderful readers! Elizabeth