Saturday, June 25, 2011

Rock Climbing Layout

 Ahhh! Is exactly what I said as the rope slipped when Scott was rock climbing at a local indoor rock climbing facility! Scott on the other hand thought it was hilarious! Typical of Scott he has no common sense when it comes fear! It causes a lot of problems on the home front because he is way too trusting. Everyone is his friend. And if I suggest that perhaps he shouldn't trust someone then I am judgemental. Oh the joys of dealing with the thinking of an adult with Fetal Alcohol Syndrome. Trying to instill  caution is not an easy task.

 So as you look as this picture know Scott is laughing his head off. I in the mean time am trying to find my heart that has fallen to the pit of my stomach!


To make the "rock paper" I used Cor'dinations cardstock and ran it through my Cuttlebug Swiss Dot folder. I then sanded it and inked with Memento London Fog. I then used the colors from the photo and scattered "rock" buttons and Robin's Nest Dew Drops. I attached everything with Glue Dots Mini Dots.

To make the rock climbing ropes I used Jillibean twine (brown and white & green and white.) I took three pieces of 12 inch twine and braided it together while kind of rolling it at the same time so it looked like rope rather than a braid. TIP: tie one end and tape it on the edge of your desk. It makes it much easier to braid.

I taped the top of the rope on the back of the layout to give a feel that the rope was coming over "the edge of the rock."


To make the lettering I used the rest of my piece of Core'dinations.
Tip: Trace the letters and THEN emboss. Ask me how I know!!! LOL
Again I used the Cuttlebug Swiss Dot folder. Then I sandpapered it and  distressed the edges with Memento Tuxedo Black.

I used foam tape to attach the letters to give them some dimension.

I then scattered different colors of Robin's Nest Dew Drops. I used a large button for the bottom of the exclamation point.

Supplies:
Paper: Cor'dinations: So Mod, Nostalgia
    Yellow background paper: I got this in an Ebay Lot years ago. I have always hated it. But it was perfect for this page-so proof sooner or later all paper will have a use! LOL

Inks: Memento London Fog, Tuxedo Black, Colorbox Amber Clay

Sandpaper: Tim Holtz Sanding Block

Adhesives: Glue Dots Mini, Scotch Scrapbooking Tape, Glue Glider Pro Permanent

Buttons: My stash (Tip: Great source of buttons is to remove buttons before you throw out worn clothes.)

Embellishments:Robin's Nest Dew Drops (Silver Bells, Water and Gumdrops)
Twine: Jillibean Brown and Lime Green

Cuttlebug Embossing Folder: Swiss Dots



Thanks for stopping by! Have a day filled with wonderful memories!








5 comments:

  1. What a fun LO! All your embellishments go perfect with the rock climbing pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- so many fun details here- they're perfect for this photo! Love the cheery colours :) I love your take on our sketch at our Seriously Creative Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great hun.I LOVE all the buttons.Great textures as well.Thanks for joining us at Creative Accents Challenge.Hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love the buttons and textures of your "rock wall" Thanks for joining us at Creative Accents Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elizabeth that's a really wonderful layout! Everything is put up together perfectly, really love the way you combind everything with each other! Great job!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave a comment! I appreciate all of my wonderful readers! Elizabeth